Arogya Mandala - Health Circle
Mindful Eating and Cooking
( Ayurvedic Perspective on Food and Nutrition)
Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to health and wellness through dietary principles tailored to an individual's constitution and imbalances. It emphasizes the balance of the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and the use of natural foods, herbs, and lifestyle practices to promote health.
1.: Understanding Ayurveda:
-Delve into the fundamentals of Ayurveda, including doshas, gunas, and the role of the six tastes. Learn how these concepts shape your individual constitution and influence your dietary choices. Learn All About Grains
2. Balancing Your Doshas: (Determine your constitution)
-Understand how to customize your diet to balance your dosha constitution and address imbalances. Discover which foods and cooking techniques can help you achieve equilibrium. Learn All About Legumes
3. Learn About Imbalances:
- Ayurveda assesses imbalances in the doshas (Vikriti) and their impact on health. Understanding these imbalances helps in tailoring nutrition recommendations. Explore the concept of mindful eating and its benefits. Develop strategies to eat with awareness, savor each bite, and listen to your body's hunger and fullness cues. Learn All About Vegetables
4. Explore Ayurvedic Food Guidelines:
- Ayurveda provides specific dietary guidelines for each dosha and for different seasons. Learning what foods are best for your constitution and the current season is crucial. Learn the significance of seasonal eating in Ayurveda and how it can help you adapt to the changing rhythms of nature, boost immunity, and maintain health. Learn All About Spices.
5. Incorporate Ayurvedic Herbs and Spices:
- Ayurveda uses a variety of herbs and spices for their healing properties.
Discover the therapeutic properties of Ayurvedic herbs and spices. Explore their role in enhancing digestion, reducing inflammation, and promoting overall well-being.
Familiarize yourself with herbs like Shatavari ashwagandha, turmeric, and spices like cumin, coriander, and fennel etc., Learn All About Fruits.
6. Understand Food Combining:
- Ayurveda places importance on how foods are combined to support digestion. Learning about proper food combinations can enhance your nutrition knowledge.
Creating Ayurvedic Meal Plans, that align with your dosha constitution, lifestyle, and health goals. Learn All About Oils, Nuts and Seeds
7. Practice Mindful Eating:
- Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of mindful eating, which means paying attention to the quality of your food, how you eat, and the environment in which you eat. Gunas (Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas) is a unique concept that takes us to a deeper level of nourishment. Cultivating Mindfulness techniques that extend beyond eating, allowing you to bring greater awareness and balance to all aspects of your life. Learn All about Sweeteners.
8. Ayurveda Today:
- Dairy and Wheat are indeed a topic of discussion and confusion in today's nutritional landscape. Ayurveda offers a perspective on dairy and wheat consumption that is based on individual constitution (dosha), the quality of products, and one's digestive capacity. Learn the Ayurvedic perspective of Dairy and Wheat.
Mindful Meal Preparation:
Gain practical hands-on experience in preparing Ayurvedic dishes. Learn how to create delicious and health-enhancing meals while cultivating mindfulness in the kitchen.
Ayurveda is a holistic system that considers not only diet but also lifestyle, emotions, and overall well-being. Incorporating Ayurvedic principles into your nutrition can have a positive impact on your health and vitality.
What will you receive:
Recordings of all 8 sessions.
& Notes on the topics discussed.
Recipes from Beena’s Kitchen on Menus for Bread substitutes, Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dinner!
Course Duration: 8 sessions
Class schedule: Every Saturday
Location: Online – Via Zoom
Time: 7.30 am -8.45 am
Elevate your well-being, Embrace the transformation.
Embrace Arogya Mandala!
Questions? Call 248-631-7271 or email at email@example.com